Monday, December 28, 2009

What's your favorite natural shampoo?

I try to use mostly organic or natural (preferably vegan, but they don't have to be) products. I can never find a shampoo that I love though. None of them seem to make my hair soft enough. Do you know of any natural shampoos and conditioners that you really love and would recommend?





Sorry I'm asking this in the vegan and vegetarian section, I just figure that the people here are the most likely to use natural products :) What's your favorite natural shampoo?
Come Clean by Kinky Curly products- all natural w/ things such as mandarin orange, sea kelp etc





Or





Avalon Organic ShampooWhat's your favorite natural shampoo?
i like to use dr. bronner's lavender castile soap. it makes a pretty good shampoo but you have to use a good conditioner because it cleans very well. what shampoo have you been using? aveda products are good, but they're kind of pricey. i have also had good experiences with burt's bees shampoos. their new 'radiance' line of skincare products is pretty awesome too! I am a big fan of natural products, but i haven't been able to give up my redken allsoft conditioner!
I uses Giovanni shampoo and Alba conditioner. (The cocoa butter one smells SO good!)





It sounds like you might need some deep conditioning however. A good natural method is to mix an avocado with an egg yolk and some olive oil in the blender. Apply to hair and cover with plastic for an hour or more. Then rinse and shampoo as usual. (I generally follow with a beer rinse.)
I have had the same problems with shampoo in the past. However, I found a brand I really like. Nature's Gate is very nice and has a wide range of ';types'; of shampoo. I personally like the henna one because it makes my hair so soft.


I buy this shampoo and conditioner at Whole Foods but they may have it elsewhere, I am not completely sure.
Most natural food stores carry their own line and tend to be a lot cheaper than private lines. Whole foods carries a line of shampoos and conditioners that are great and have super yummy scents. I use the grapefruit one and get compliments on it all the time.
you can add natural items like aloe vera to any cheap shampoo and that actually improve the shampoo so much, try

No comments:

Post a Comment