Monday, December 28, 2009

Carpet cleaning whats best? shampoo, something home made that all natural?

I have two dogs, and I need to clean my carpets. what should i use any shampoo from the store? I hear it is not good for your carpet. is there something home made that would be better?Carpet cleaning whats best? shampoo, something home made that all natural?
Depending on the color of your carpet vinegar works wonders. You just need to go back over it with regular water to make sure you get it all soaked up well. Liquid Tide with Bleach also works wonders and leaves a fresh clean scent. I have three kids so I've learned a little about carpet cleaning without having to buy actual carpet shampoo over every spill. Honestly it just doesn't work well.Carpet cleaning whats best? shampoo, something home made that all natural?
There is nothing wrong with rental carpet cleaners if you wish to do it yourself. But frankly, I wouldn't waste the time. Call a professional company and have the carpets done. I personally own a steam cleaner for quick clean ups in high traffic areas that works great and is a great investment. I have never had an issue with the products so what you have heard about cleaners being bad for the carpets is something I have never heard of. I have used all the services and never had an issue. What could be bad about cleaning your carpet? That leaves me a little confused.
Shampoo will leave a residue and dirt is attracted to what is left in the carpet. Use the hottest water you can and just keep going over the area making sure that you extract as much as possible. Give your dogs their own throw rugs to lay on from now on and then you just have to toss in the wash.
The rental machines do a good job at putting the water %26amp; cleaner down but don't do a great job extracting it.


I would shop around, in these times businesses are slow %26amp; you can bargain.


Depending on what you want to get done you can probably get it done for around $150 for the whole house.
I have used watered down dish soap and a scrub brush to clean my carpets. It takes longer to dry and you want to be careful not to drench the carpet. Also for quick clean ups I use baby wipes. Gets most things out of carpet fast.
Call up someone who has a carpet cleaning van its faster and better done. You might spend the same amount of money on the carpet cleaning guy or lady as much as you would on the carpet cleaning products.
Call Sears to have it professionally done or rent a Rug Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment