Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is Good Shampoo/Conditioner for NATURAL African American Hair?

I have Natural AA Hair. And I use Garnier Fructis...is that a good shampoo/con. for my type of hair?





I want something that keeps it moisturize, soft, and manageable all the time.





Also, what Ingredients should I look out for that's bad for my type of Hair?





thanksWhat is Good Shampoo/Conditioner for NATURAL African American Hair?
I never used Garnier products, but I know a lot of naturals use their conditioners. I don't know about the shampoos though.





When it comes to ingredients, you should avoid any type of Sulfates. They strip the hair of natural oils. Also, you should avoid petroleum and mineral oil based products such as grease because they trap moisture out of the hair.





I personally use Organix Coconut Nourishing Milk Shampoo and Conditioner and it makes my hair really soft and smells great.





A lot of women with natural hair use organic products to avoid harsh ingredients, but they tend to be more expensive, so I recommend the Organix which can be found at any drug store. They have a lot of different scents to choose from. Their website is www.organixhair.com.





I recommend www.nappturality.com and www.motowngirl.com if you have any other concerns about natural hair.





Hope that helps!What is Good Shampoo/Conditioner for NATURAL African American Hair?
Well, I use Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural. I personally think it works great. It moisturizes my hair perfectly. As for the ingriedients you should look out for I am stumped. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment