Thursday, January 7, 2010

Natural or mild puppy shampoo any ideas please?

Hey all. Does anyone know where I could possibly find a natural or at least more gental puppy shampoo? I've tried everywhere but they all seem to have so many harsh chemicals in them. I tried one that was labelled for puppies but it made her itch loads.Any help appreciated . Thanks : )Natural or mild puppy shampoo any ideas please?
You could always make your own... equal parts of a clear antibacterial soap and white vinegar.. let me see if I can find a link..





Here ya go:


http://hubpages.com/hub/The_Best_Homemad鈥?/a>





Ohhh while running that search, I turned up this..





It is possible and easy to make homemade dog shampoo. It only takes four ingredients and about 10 minutes or less to prepare.





Recipe for Homemade Dog Shampoo:











4 ounces of glycerine (can be found at any pharmacy)





1 pint of liquid dish soap (Dawn, Ivory, Dove)





1 pint of apple cider vinegar





1 pint of water





Mix well together. What works really well is to store it in an easy-to-pour and easy-to-use container. Your old shampoo bottles or hand soap bottles can work well. Just pour in and labels as your ';Homemade Dog Shampoo';!





http://www.petplace.com/dogs/homemade-do鈥?/a>Natural or mild puppy shampoo any ideas please?
I have used Johnson's No Tears Baby Shampoo on my little dog for 2 1/2 yrs now, and her coat is beautiful; no itching or scratching, and it leaves a nice clean scent. I'm allergic to dogs and this seems to help keep the dander down to where it doesn't bother me at all to be around her all the time.


Just make sure, like with ALL shampoos, you rinse really, really well. I put mine in the bath tub and use a hand held shower to rinse her, and then blow dry her.


Good luck.
Because some of your dog's shampoo will inevitably get absorbed into her skin or licked off--and the rest is rinsed down the drain, where it will eventually wind up in waterways--it makes sense to look for products that are non-toxic and biodegradable. These shampoos can do just as good a job making your dog look clean, feel soft, and smell good.





Check out this link to find a list of shampoos together with some reviews:


http://dogtime.com/green-dog-shampoos.ht鈥?/a>
try baby shampoo - that is what i used on my dogs (they are deceased now). and...it does not bother their eyes.
Ask your local Vets I alway do
try asking ur vet. or buy a shampoo at like petsmart. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment